4-day husky tour
There is so much wilderness waiting to be explored. White forests, frozen lakes and swamps, flowing rivers and mountains with beautiful views! Together with your dogteam you will see it all during this 4-day adventure!
Start time day 1: 10:00
End time day 3: 16:00
We are very flexible to adjust the length of the tour or start or end the tour at another time. Please contact us with your wishes.
- 10:00 – Arrival at Yellow Snow Husky Tours.
- Gear up in warm clothes.
- Safety-instruction: You will meet the stars of the kennel, our huskies. The guide will give you information about the dogs and the tour. After that he will explain to you how to drive the sled.
- Prepare the dogs: Together we will prepare the dogs for the tour. You will take care of your own dogteam!
- Dogsled tour (30-40 km): Off we go on a beautiful tour, we will be out for the whole day and we cover 30-40 km through a white landscape. Half-way we have a break where we give the dogs a well deserved snack. The guide will make a nice home-made lunch over a fire and answers all your questions. During the tour there is plenty of time for short breaks to make pictures, cuddle with the dogs and learn more about the nature around us.
- Arrival at the cabin: First we thank the dogs and prepare them for the night. After that we heat up the cabin, get water and have some time to relax before diner. After a delicious dinner we will feed the dogs together. If there is a sauna we will heat it up. We have a cozy evening at the cabin, hopefully we see some northern lights!
- Morning routine at the cabin: It’s time for a tasty breakfast for the dogs and for us. We clean up the cabin and make ourselves ready.
- Dogsled tour (30-40 km): We hook up the dogs in front of the sleds and after an exciting start we can enjoy another adventurous day in nature. We drive to a different cabin in the middle of no-where and the route that takes us there is amazing. Every day that you stand on the sled you get better at driving and steering. Of course we enjoy a nice outdoor-lunch on the trail again.
- Wilderness cabin: We take care of the dogs and prepare the cabin (fire, water, sauna). If you feel adventurous we can go on a nice snowshoe walk in the afternoon or evening. Together we spend another night in the middle of nature.
- Dogsled tour (30-50 km): It’s our last day of dog sledding, we will steer the dogs back towards the kennel. By now you feel like a professional on the runners behind your own team of dogs.
- Return at the kennel: After the tour we thank the dogs for the amazing job they have done and bring them back to their kennel. In these 4 days you created a bond with your own dog team, it will not be easy to say goodbye.
- End of the tour: You return the gear you borrowed from us and we will have a hot chocolate in our home to warm up again. After that it is already time to leave. But you will go home with life-long memories and you are always welcome back for more adventures!
- A private tour, with just your group!
- A professional guide who speaks English, Dutch, German and Swedish
- Your own sled with 4-5 dogs
- Full board from lunch day 1 to lunch day 4 (outdoor lunch, 2 course dinner, breakfast)
- Overnights in cozy wilderness cabins (shared accommodation)
- Warm clothes and other gear. Overall, boots, hat, mittens, headlamp
- Sleeping bag and liner
- Travel insurance
- Transfer to/from our kennel
Self driving – 1 persons per sled
You will drive your own dog-team all by yourself, 1 person per sled!
No previous dog sledding experience is needed. For safety-reasons we have set a minimum age of 14 years to join this 4-day tour.
Because you are driving your own sled, we do require some basic fitness level. However, we can change the program to your wishes and abilities at any time, because we are out on a private tour.
We will sleep in three different wilderness cabins. They are basic, but comfortable and cozy. The cabins are located in the middle of the forest. We are close to lakes and rivers, from the cabin there are beautiful views towards the north and you can take a short hike towards spectacular viewpoints.
Most of the cabins are quite basic, without running water and electricity. We make a fire to get warm, we get water from a well or melt snow and we use candles to see something. The toilet is outside in a separate building. In one of the cabins there is also a sauna available where you can get a real Swedish experience and wash yourselves.
One of the nights we sleep in a cabin with a bit of luxury: electricity and even running water.
In some of the cabins you have your own room, but mostly we will sleep together in the same room, on bunk beds or folding beds. The dogs sleep outside on a warm straw-bed, although we can take one inside for a cuddle.
We do ask you to be part of the team and help out with the chores. Examples: making a fire, chopping wood, feeding the dogs, getting water, help with making the dinner, doing dishes, etc. These things are part of the adventures and the more you get involved, the greater the experience.
We will send you a packing list with your booking.
16.000 SEK per person
* If a single person wants to book this tour we charge 50% extra.
If you want to know more about this tour or to make a reservation, please fill in the short form below.