2-day husky tour
Learn everything about dog sledding in this two-day adventure. Plenty of time for cuddling and taking pictures during two magic days out on the trail. Get close to nature and sleep in a basic but comfortable wilderness cabin.
Start time day 1: 10:00
End time day 2: 16:00
We are very flexible to adjust the length of the tour or start or end the tour at another time. Please contact us with your wishes.
- 10:00 – Arrival at Yellow Snow Husky Tours.
- Gear up in warm clothes.
- Safety-instruction: You will meet the stars of the kennel, our huskies. The guide will give you information about the dogs and the tour. After that he will explain to you how to drive the sled.
- Prepare the dogs: Together we will prepare the dogs for the tour. You will take care of your own dogteam!
- Dogsled tour: Off we go on a beautiful tour! Today we will be out for the whole day and we cover 30-40 km through a white landscape. Half-way we have a break where we give the dogs a well deserved snack. The guide will make a nice home-made lunch over a fire and answers all your questions. During the tour there is plenty of time for short breaks to make pictures, cuddle with the dogs and learn more about the nature around us.
- Arrival at the cabin: First we thank the dogs and prepare them for the night. After that we heat up the cabin, get water and have some time to relax before diner. After a delicious dinner the guide will feed the dogs, you are very welcome to join. If you would like to use the sauna, we will heat it up. We have a cozy evening at the cabin, hopefully we see some northern lights!
- Morning routine at the cabin: It’s time for a tasty breakfast for the dogs and for us. We clean up the cabin and make ourselves ready.
- Dogsled tour: We hook up the dogs in front of the sleds and after an exciting start we can enjoy another adventurous day in nature. We have a full day of dogsledding including lunch ahead of us.
- Return at the kennel: After the tour we thank the dogs for the amazing job they have done and bring them back to their kennel.
- End of the tour: You return the gear you borrowed from us and we will have a hot chocolate in our home to warm up again. After that it is time to leave. You will go home with life-long memories and you are always welcome back for more adventures!
- A private tour, with just your group!
- A professional guide who speaks English, Dutch, German and Swedish
- Your own sled with 4-6 dogs
- 2x outdoor lunch, 1x two-course diner, 1x breakfast
- Overnight in a cozy wilderness cabin
- Warm clothes and other gear. Overall, boots, hat, mittens, headlamp
- Sleeping bag and liner
- Travel insurance
- Transfer to/from our kennel
Self driving – 2 persons per sled
You will drive your own sled with 4-6 dogs. You share this sled with your friend. One person drives the sled, while the other person sits in it. Along the way you can change drivers as often as you like.
– 1 person per sled – for a small surcharge
Please let us know in advance.
There are no requirements in regard of experience, age and fitness to join this tour with us.
Because we are out on a private tour, we can change the program to your wishes and abilities at any time.
We do require some basic fitness level when you want to drive the sled yourself.
For families with children
This activity is also very fun for families with children. For the 2-day husky tour we advice a minimum age of 8 years old. Families with younger children can come too, but it is more likely that we have to adjust the program according to the conditions.
For safety reasons we have set a minimum age of 14 years to drive a sled. Younger kids sit in the sled while a parent or older sibling drives the sled. They do get the chance to go dogsledding on the easier parts. They either drive by themselves with an adult sitting in the sled (from 10-11 years old) or they steer the sled together with a parent or the guide (from 5-6 years old).
We will stay the night in a cozy log cabin in the middle of the forest, next to a river. From the cabin there are beautiful views towards the north and you can take a 1 km hike towards a spectacular viewpoint where you can see the sunset.
There is no electricity or running water. We make a fire to get warm, we get water from a well and we use candles to see something. The toilet is outside in a separate building. There is also a sauna available where you can get a real Swedish experience and wash yourselves.
You will have a private bedroom where you sleep with your group. The guide will sleep in the common room where also the kitchen is. The dogs sleep outside on a warm straw-bed, although we can take one inside for a cuddle.
We do ask you to be part of the team and help out with the chores. Examples: making a fire, chopping wood, feeding the dogs, getting water, help with making the dinner, doing dishes, etc. These things are part of the adventures and the more you get involved, the greater the experience.
We will send you a packing list with your booking.
9.000 SEK per person
Children (0-11 years)
6.750 SEK per person
Surcharge for 1 person per sled
600 SEK per person
* If a single person wants to book this tour we charge 50% extra.
If you want to know more about this tour or to make a reservation, please fill in the short form below.