3 or 4-day special: Cabinlife
By dogsled we travel to an authentic logcabin. This will be our comfortable basecamp for the coming days. From here we explore the beautiful area. Of course we do this together with the huskies. It is nice to return to the same cabin every evening, it starts to feel like a home away from home!
3 or 4 days
Start time day 1: 10:00
End time day 3 or 4: 16:00
We are very flexible to adjust the length of the tour or start or end the tour at another time. Please contact us with your wishes.
- 10:00 – Arrival at Yellow Snow Husky Tours.
- Gear up in warm clothes.
- Safety-instruction: You will meet the stars of the kennel, our huskies. The guide will give you information about the dogs and the tour. After that he will explain to you how to drive the sled.
- Prepare the dogs: Together we will prepare the dogs for the tour. You will take care of your own dogteam!
- Dogsled tour: Off we go on a beautiful tour, we will be out for the whole day and we cover 30-40 km through a white landscape. Half-way we have a break where we give the dogs a well deserved snack. The guide will make a nice home-made lunch over a fire and answers all your questions. During the tour there is plenty of time for short breaks to make pictures, cuddle with the dogs and learn more about the nature around us.
- Arrival at the cabin: First we thank the dogs and prepare them for the night. After that we heat up the cabin, get water and have some time to relax before diner. After a delicious dinner we will feed the dogs together. If there is a sauna we will heat it up. We have a cozy evening at the cabin, hopefully we see some northern lights!
- Morning routine at the cabin: It’s time for a tasty breakfast for the dogs and for us. We will discuss our program for the day together. We are flexible about when, where and how long we go dogsledding. And maybe you wish to try out some other activities as well? We can for example go on a nice snowshoe walk.
- Dogsled tour day 2 + 3 (+4): We hook up the dogs in front of the sleds and after an exciting start we can enjoy another adventurous dogsledding tour in nature. Every day that you stand on the sled you get better at driving and steering. We return to the same cabin every day and we have different trail options to explore the area. The last day we steer the dogs back towards the kennel. By now you feel like a professional on the runners behind your own team of dogs.
- Return at the kennel: After the tour we thank the dogs for the amazing job they have done and bring them back to their kennel. During these days you created a bond with your own dog team, it will not be easy to say goodbye.
- End of the tour: You return the gear you borrowed from us and we will have a hot chocolate in our home to warm up again. After that it is already time to leave. But you will go home with life-long memories and you are always welcome back for more adventures!
- A private tour, with just your group!
- A professional guide who speaks English, Dutch, German and Swedish
- Your own sled with 4-5 dogs
- Full board from lunch on the first day to lunch on the last day (outdoor lunch, two-course dinner, breakfast)
- Overnights in a cozy wilderness cabin
- Warm clothes and other gear. Overall, boots, hat, mittens, headlamp
- Sleeping bag and liner
- Travel insurance
- Transfer to/from our kennel
You will drive your own dog-team all by yourself, 1 person per sled!
– 2 persons per sled – it is possible to share a sled with your friend.
Please let us know in advance.
There are no requirements in regard of experience, age and fitness to join this tour with us.
Because we are out on a private tour and stay in our base camp, we are very flexible to change the program to your wishes and abilities at any time.
We do require some basic fitness level when you want to drive the sled yourself.
For families with children
This activity is also very fun for families with children.
For the 3 or 4-day husky tour we advice a minimum age of 12 years old. Families with younger children can come too, but we advise to go on a 2-day husky tour first.
For safety reasons we have set a minimum age of 14 years to drive a sled by themselves. Younger kids sit in the sled while a parent or older sibling drives the sled. They do get the chance to go dogsledding on the easier parts.
We will stay all nights in the same cozy log cabin. It is located in the middle of the forest, next to a river. From the cabin there are beautiful views towards the north and you can take a 1 km hike towards a spectacular viewpoint where you can see the sunset.
There is no electricity or running water. We make a fire to get warm, we get water from a well and we use candles to see something. The toilet is outside in a separate building. There is also a sauna available where you can get a real Swedish experience and wash yourselves.
You will have a private bedroom where you sleep with your group. The guide will sleep in the common room where also the kitchen is. The dogs sleep outside on a warm straw-bed, although we can take one inside for a cuddle.
We do ask you to be part of the team and help out with the chores. Examples: making a fire, chopping wood, feeding the dogs, getting water, help with making the dinner, doing dishes, etc. These things are part of the adventures and the more you get involved, the greater the experience.
We will send you a packing list with your booking.
11.500 SEK per person
14.500 SEK per person
* If a single person wants to book this tour we charge 50% extra.
If you want to know more about this tour or to make a reservation, please fill in the short form below.