3 or 4-day husky tour
Back to basic for 3 or 4 full days! Drive your own husky team and get to know ‘your’ dogs during sledding, feeding and cuddling. We will sleep in basic but comfortable wilderness cabins in the middle of stunning nature. We guarantee an amazing adventure.
3 or 4 days
Start time day 1: 10:00
End time day 3 or 4: 16:00
We are very flexible to adjust the length of the tour or start or end the tour at another time. Please contact us with your wishes.
- 10:00 – Arrival at Yellow Snow Husky Tours.
- Gear up in warm clothes.
- Safety-instruction: You will meet the stars of the kennel, our huskies. The guide will give you information about the dogs and the tour. After that he will explain to you how to drive the sled.
- Prepare the dogs: Together we will prepare the dogs for the tour. You will take care of your own dogteam!
- Dogsled tour: Off we go on a beautiful tour, we will be out for the whole day and we cover 30-40 km through a white landscape. Half-way we have a break where we give the dogs a well deserved snack. The guide will make a nice home-made lunch over a fire and answers all your questions. During the tour there is plenty of time for short breaks to make pictures, cuddle with the dogs and learn more about the nature around us.
- Arrival at the cabin: First we thank the dogs and prepare them for the night. After that we heat up the cabin, get water and have some time to relax before diner. After a delicious dinner we will feed the dogs together. If there is a sauna we will heat it up. We have a cozy evening at the cabin, hopefully we see some northern lights!
- Morning routine at the cabin: It’s time for a tasty breakfast for the dogs and for us. We clean up the cabin and make ourselves ready.
- Dogsled tour day 2 + 3 (+4): We hook up the dogs in front of the sleds and after an exciting start we can enjoy another adventurous day in nature. We have a full day of dogsledding including lunch ahead of us. Every day that you stand on the sled you get better at driving and steering. We will take a nice route to another cabin every day. If you feel adventurous we can go on a snowshoe walk one of the evenings. The last day we steer the dogs back towards the kennel. By now you feel like a professional on the runners behind your own team of dogs.
- Return at the kennel: After the tour we thank the dogs for the amazing job they have done and bring them back to their kennel. During these days you created a bond with your own dog team, it will not be easy to say goodbye.
- End of the tour: You return the gear you borrowed from us and we will have a hot chocolate in our home to warm up again. After that it is already time to leave. But you will go home with life-long memories and you are always welcome back for more adventures!
- A private tour, with just your group!
- A professional guide who speaks English, Dutch, German and Swedish
- Your own sled with 4-5 dogs
- Full board from lunch the first day to lunch the last day (outdoor lunch, two-course dinner, breakfast)
- Overnights in cozy wilderness cabins (shared accommodation)
- Warm clothes and other gear. Overall, boots, hat, mittens, headlamp
- Sleeping bag and liner
- Travel insurance
- Transfer to/from our kennel
You will drive your own dog-team all by yourself, 1 person per sled!
– 2 persons per sled – it is possible to share a sled with your friend.
Please let us know in advance.
There are no requirements in regard of experience, age and fitness to join this tour with us.
Because we are out on a private tour, we are very flexible to change the program to your wishes and abilities at any time.
We do require some basic fitness level when you want to drive the sled yourself.
For the 3 or 4-day husky tour we advice a minimum age of 14 years old. Please ask for our advice if you would like to come with younger children.
For safety reasons we have set a minimum age of 14 years to drive a sled by themselves. Younger kids sit in the sled while a parent or older sibling drives the sled. They do get the chance to go dogsledding on the easier parts.
We will sleep in different wilderness cabins. They have a few things in common:
- They are in the middle of nature
- They are basic but comfortable
- They are cozy and authentic
- They are warm or can be warmed up well, so you will not be cold
Some of the cabins have no electricity or running water. We warm up the cabin with a fire, get water from a well or river and use candles to have light in the cabin. Most of the time these basic cabins have a sauna available as well.
One of the cabins is more like a cozy holiday house with quite some luxury. It is already warmed up when we arrive and even has a small shower.
It is possible that you have your own bedroom, but mostly we will sleep together in the same room. The dogs sleep outside on a warm straw-bed, although we can take one inside for a cuddle.
We do ask you to be part of the team and help out with the chores. Examples: making a fire, chopping wood, feeding the dogs, getting water, help with making the dinner, doing dishes, etc. These things are part of the adventures and the more you get involved, the greater the experience.
We will send you a packing list with your booking.
12.000 SEK per person
16.000 SEK per person
* If a single person wants to book this tour we charge 50% extra.
If you want to know more about this tour or to make a reservation, please fill in the short form below.