Dogsledding + Snowshoe walk
This is a very nice combination activity, also great for families with children! Enjoy a dogsledding adventure through winter wonderland in the morning. After a warm lunch inside we take some happy dogs out for a snowshoe walk.
10:00 – 16:00
We are very flexible to adjust the length of the tour or start or end the tour at another time. Please contact us with your wishes.
- 10:00 – Arrival at Yellow Snow Husky Tours.
- Gear up in warm clothes.
- Safety-instruction: You will meet the stars of the kennel, our huskies. The guide will give you information about the dogs and the tour. After that he will explain to you how to drive the sled.
- Prepare the dogs: The guide will prepare the dogs for the tour. You can help with this if you want.
- Dogsled tour: Off we go on a beautiful tour, we will be out for approximately 1.5 hours, in which we cover 15 km through a white landscape. Half-way we have a short break, where we have some home-made fika. During the tour there is plenty of time to make pictures, cuddle with the dogs and learn more about the nature around us.
- Take care of the dogs: After the sledding we thank the dogs for the amazing job they have done and bring them back to their kennel.
- Lunch: We will go inside to warm up and enjoy a great lunch together with the guide. I am sure there will be some stories about the huskies, dogsledding, expeditions and winter!
- Snowshoe walk: We will put on the snowshoes, walking with them feels quite natural. Some lucky dogs are allowed to join us on the walk, and if you want you can have your ‘own’ husky on a belly-belt. This way you really feel how much power they have! We will be out in nature for approximately 1.5 hours before we head back to the kennel. In the kennel there is still time to cuddle lots of dogs and puppies.
- End of the tour: You return the gear you borrowed from us and we will have a hot chocolate in our home to warm up again.
- ca 16:00 – Unfortunately it is already time to leave. But you will go home with life-long memories and you are always welcome back for more adventures!
- A private tour, with just your group!
- A professional guide who speaks English, Dutch, German and Swedish
- Your own sled with 4-6 dogs
- Snowshoes and your own husky on a belly-belt (if you want)
- Warm lunch inside + fika
- Warm clothes and other gear. Overall, boots, hat, mittens and a headlamp
- Travel insurance
- Transfer to/from our kennel
Self driving – 2 persons per sled
You will drive your own sled with 4-6 dogs. You share this sled with your friend. One person drives the sled, while the other person sits in it. Along the way you can change drivers as often as you like.
– 1 person per sled – for a small surcharge
– sitting on the guide sled
Please let us know in advance.
There are no requirements in regard of experience, age and fitness to join this tour with us.
Because we are out on a private tour, we can change the program to your wishes and abilities at any time.
Walking with snowshoes is super easy. We do require some basic fitness level when you want to drive the sled yourself.
For families with children
This activity is also very fun for families with children. We also have snowshoes available for our young guests.
For safety reasons we have set a minimum age of 14 years to drive a sled. Younger kids sit in the sled while a parent or older sibling drives the sled. They do get the chance to go dogsledding on the easier parts. They either drive by themselves with an adult sitting in the sled (from 10-11 years old) or they steer the sled together with a parent or the guide (from 5-6 years old).
3.700 SEK per person
Children (0-11 years)
1.850 SEK per person
Surcharge for 1 person per sled
500 SEK per person
* If a single person wants to book this tour we charge 50% extra.
If you want to know more about this tour or to make a reservation, please fill in the short form below.