Lunch husky tour
Steer your own sled through a beautiful white landscape or enjoy the scenery and power of the dogs sitting on the sled with the guide. Half-way we stop for a tasty outdoor lunch from the campfire and cuddle the hardworking huskies.
11:00 – 14:30
We are very flexible to adjust the length of the tour or start or end the tour at another time. Please contact us with your wishes.
- Arrival at Yellow Snow Husky Tours.
- Gear up in warm clothes.
- Safety-instruction: You will meet the stars of the kennel, our huskies. The guide will give you information about the dogs and the tour. After that he will explain to you how to drive the sled.
- Prepare the dogs: The guide will prepare the dogs for the tour. You can help with this if you want.
- Dogsled tour: Off we go on a beautiful tour, we will be out for approximately 2 hours, in which we cover 15 km through a white landscape. Half-way we have a break where we give the dogs a well deserved snack. The guide will make a nice home-made lunch over a fire and answers all your questions. During the tour there is plenty of time for short breaks to make pictures, cuddle with the dogs and learn more about the nature around us.
- Take care of the dogs: After the tour we thank the dogs for the amazing job they have done and bring them back to their kennel.
- End of the tour: You return the gear you borrowed from us and unfortunately it is already time to leave. But you will go home with life-long memories and you are always welcome back for more adventures!
- A private tour, with just your group!
- A professional guide who speaks English, Dutch, German and Swedish
- Your own sled with 4-6 dogs
- Outdoor lunch and fika
- Warm clothes and other gear. Overall, boots, hat, mittens and a headlamp
- Travel insurance
- Transfer to/from our kennel
Self driving – 2 persons per sled
You will drive your own sled with 4-6 dogs. You share this sled with your friend. One person drives the sled, while the other person sits in it. Along the way you can change drivers as often as you like.
– 1 person per sled – for a small surcharge
– sitting on the guide sled
Please let us know in advance.
There are no requirements in regard of experience, age and fitness to join this tour with us.
Because we are out on a private tour, we can change the program to your wishes and abilities at any time.
We do require some basic fitness level when you want to drive the sled yourself.
For families with children
This activity is also very fun for families with children. For safety reasons we have set a minimum age of 14 years to drive a sled. Younger kids sit in the sled while a parent or older sibling drives the sled. They do get the chance to go dogsledding on the easier parts. They either drive by themselves with an adult sitting in the sled (from 10-11 years old) or they steer the sled together with a parent or the guide (from 5-6 years old).
3.300 SEK per person
Children (0-11 years)
2.475 SEK per person
Surcharge for 1 person per sled
600 SEK per person
* If a single person wants to book this tour we charge 50% extra.
1 December – 15 April
You can book this activity by sending us and email or by filling in the booking form. We will answer your request as soon as we can.
Don’t hesitate to contact us if you have any questions.
If you want to know more about this tour or to make a reservation, please fill in the short form below.